It's National Joke Day! Here are some of ours.
National “Tell a Joke” Day has fallen on a Thursday this year, and at Central Alabama Weekend and WSFA 12 News, we’re celebrating in kind. We made a video featuring (almost) everyone from our teams telling their best joke in anticipation of the event. Now that said event is here, we’re showing you just how funny we can be.
Results may vary, but maybe we can give you some ammunition for this evening when you’re hanging out with friends or family. If they’re in the loop, they’ll be bringing some of their jokes to the table – you don’t want to be the one who is lacking.
How to connect with us
Will you be partaking in National Tell a Joke Day? If so, why not share your favorite one-liners, Dad jokes, and other funnies with us online? You can join us on Facebook by clicking this link, or Instagram by following this one. And look: we all love telling jokes, but there are a ton of other days for us to celebrate throughout the year together. Getting with us on social media will let us do that!
Hurting for jokes?
- Did you know the first French fries weren’t actually cooked in France? They were cooked in Greece.
- A ham sandwich walks into a bar and orders a beer. The bartender says, “Sorry we don’t serve food here.”
- Why do chicken coops only have two doors? Because if they had four, they would be chicken sedans!
- When a dad drives past a graveyard: Did you know that’s a popular cemetery? Yep, people are just dying to get in there!
- I wouldn’t buy anything with Velcro. It’s a total rip-off.
- I don’t play soccer because I enjoy the sport. I’m just doing it for kicks.
- Want to hear a joke about paper? Nevermind, it’s “tearable.”
Hopefully, that’s enough to get you started!